Lucy Boyd-Wilson is a virtual and mixed reality artist living in San Diego, CA.
Inspired by the flows and processes of natural environments, she evokes a sensation of wonder for vibrant living worlds. She creates “Worlds in Motion” and places the viewer within, surrounded, enveloped. In an exploration of interactivity and immersion, she is always inquiring “What combination of stimulating and absorbing and meditative can be achieved?”
Lucy Boyd-Wilson studied Mathematics and Computer Science at McGill University in Montreal and worked as a software developer creating animation tools for the film industry, and then as a video-game developer. Now she works independently creating virtual reality and other animated and interactive experiences.
- Grew up in rural Surrey, England and Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- B.A. Mathematics & Computer Science, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1984
- M.Sc. Computer Science, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1987
- B.F.A. Studio Arts (part-time, incomplete), Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1988-1997.
- Lived in Montreal from 1981 to 2001, studying and then working as a graphics and animation software developer.
- Moved to San Diego, California in 2001, where she worked as a video-game developer.
- Now developing virtual reality and other animated and interactive experiences.
See LinkedIn profile for full resume: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lucy-boyd-wilson/